Why do a training?
In the automotive and furniture sectors, the use of leather has steadily risen over the past two decades. A third of all leather furniture suites sold in Europe are made of leather. A enormous proportion of vehicles have seats in leather interiors. Today, most clients expect leather seats in their vehicles. While leather is a durable material, it is all too prevalent to scratch, stain, scuff and damage. The leather repair industry, specialist stain removal and cleaning is enormous, and there is a substantial shortage of qualified and knowledgeable experts in the business.
- Automotive & furniture professionals or cleaning businesses
- Looking for fresh new skills
- Stay ahead of the competition
- Provide additional service to your current customer base
- Become an expert and attract fresh leads.
• Specialists in leather & Repairs
• High quality OEM Approved products
• Global brand
• Ongoing support network
• Worldwide network of repairers
• Refresher sessions available
Our 2-day course includes theory and heavy training hands on to make sure you walk away feeling confident about your capacity to provide leather repair services. In 2 days, you won’t be an expert, but we’ll provide you with all the instruments, resources and network help to become an expert. Typically, after the training session, attendants require on average 4 weeks of practice in order to become competent in leather repairs.
• Introduction to Colourlock
• Understanding the surface – leather production and all types of leather
• Understanding the product range and areas of application
• Cleaning & Protecting leather – hands on session
• Understanding Colourlock Colour mixing system – how to colour match using our app & other techniques
• Colour matching – hands on session
- Introduction to repair techniques & repair kinds
- Preparation of leather for repair & masking
- Use of a spray gun and airbrush (cleaning and best practices for the maintenance of equipment)
- Re-coloring bolsters – sponge & spray application
- Repair of scratches & scuffs, rips, tears and leather hole – hands on session
- Pricing structure – how to price work
- Summarize, go through the training manual & certification.
Where is the training held? At our Workshop: Unit 2, Seaview Workshops, Horden, Peterlee, SR8 4TE
When is it held? 29th & 30th August
PLEASE NOTE – We limit attendees to a maximum of 6 per session.
Price – £300 includes refreshments & lunch
Discounted prices on products will be available to buy on the day
Leather Repair Training – 2 Days
- Basic leather knowledge
- Product overview
- Cleaning, protecting and maintenance of leather
- Repair techniques for different types of damages
- Introduction to colour matching and practice at colour mixing
- Colouring leather and finishing
- Q & A
2 day course only £300.00 incl. VAT
If your interested please register your interest at [email protected]
Kevin Thirlaway is the owner and director of Premier Car Care. With over 10 years in the industry, there’s nothing that Kevin hasn’t seen or worked on. With an attention to detail that would put Steve Jobs to shame; Kevin focusses his efforts on restoring your vehicle back to its full potential through an exhaustive list of techniques, honed over a number of years.