Why do a training course?
In the automotive and furniture sectors, the use of leather has steadily risen over the past two decades. A third of all leather furniture suites sold in Europe are made of leather. A enormous proportion of vehicles have seats in leather interiors. Today, most clients expect leather seats in their vehicles. While leather is a durable material, it is all too prevalent to scratch, stain, scuff and damage. The leather repair industry, specialist stain removal and cleaning is enormous, and there is a substantial shortage of qualified and knowledgeable experts in the business.
- Automotive & furniture professionals or cleaning businesses
- Looking for fresh new skills
- Stay ahead of the competition
- Provide additional service to your current customer base
- Become an expert and attract fresh leads.
- Specialists in leather & Repairs
- High quality OEM Approved products
- Global brand
- Ongoing support network
- Worldwide network of repairers
- Refresher sessions available
Our 2-day course includes theory and heavy training hands on to make sure you walk away feeling confident about your capacity to provide leather repair services. In 2 days, you won’t be an expert, but we’ll provide you with all the instruments, resources and network help to become an expert. Typically, after the training session, attendants require on average 4 weeks of practice in order to become competent in leather repairs.
- Introduction to Colourlock
- Understanding the surface – leather production and all types of leather
- Understanding the product range and areas of application
- Cleaning & Protecting leather – hands on session
- Understanding Colourlock Colour mixing system – how to colour match using our app & other techniques
- Colour matching – hands on session
- Introduction to repair techniques & repair kinds
- Preparation of leather for repair & masking
- Use of a spray gun and airbrush (cleaning and best practices for the maintenance of equipment)
- Re-coloring bolsters – sponge & spray application
- Repair of scratches & scuffs, rips, tears and leather hole – hands on session
- Pricing structure – how to price work
- Summarize, go through the training manual & certification.
Where is the training held? At our Workshop: Unit 2, Seaview Workshops, Horden, Peterlee, SR8 4TE
When is it held? 29th & 30th August 2019
PLEASE NOTE – We limit attendees to a maximum of 6 per session.
Price – £300 includes refreshments & lunch
Discounted prices on products will be available to buy on the day
Leather Repair Training – 2 Day Course Programme
- Basic leather knowledge
- Product overview
- Cleaning, protecting and maintenance of leather
- Repair techniques for different types of damages
- Introduction to colour matching and practice at colour mixing
- Colouring leather and finishing
- Q & A
2 day course only £300.00 incl. VAT
If you are interested, please register your interest by emailing [email protected]